Sunday, March 25, 2007
THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY HAS ARRIVED!



We are back from Kickapoo and the Partridge Family is in their new foster home! Shirley and the kids had a nice ride home. Shirley sat in the middle row with my 5 year old daughter on the way home. We found that cup holder on her car seat makes a very nice water dish. Shirley enjoyed the drink. My daughter and 11 year old son were great helpers. They held the puppies on the way home. We stopped at nearly every rest stop to switch puppies and make sure everyone got the same amount of love. My kids informed me that the puppies did not like the Naughty Nineties Music that was on the radio. They thought a switch in music would keep them from crying. We stopped for snacks and Shirley had very good manners in the van. There were no accidents in the van or crates.
When we arrived home there was an hour of playing and getting acquainted. I gave Shirley a bath. She is a sweet girl. Then we all settled in for a ....short spring nap.

Our first night together reminded me of nursing my three kids. They slept about two hours pooped, drank, ate and went back to sleep. Repeat every two hours. The only things missing were the diaper changes! They were very good at being crate trained.

Shirley went for a run this morning with my husband
and our EP, Tucker. Shirley enjoyed her 1 mile jaunt. She seemed to enjoy getting out. Everyone is napping for NOW!

Thanks Former Foster Mommy!
Jennifer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer